18V Cordless Combi Drill recommendations

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yid0

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just about to place a bulk order with Screwfix and I need some advice on drills! I do commercial electrical work and a bit of domestic at weekends. I've already got a 110V Bosch SDS drill which suits me fine when I have access to mains supply. Housemate's got a 36V Bosch cordless drill which I can use whenever there is no supply on-site. But I don't have a smaller cordless drill. I want an 18V (preferably 3.0 Ah) combi drill which I'll use for drilling holes into metal and plastic and also for driving screws. Upper price limit is about

on those choices I would go for the bosch, the makita only has one battery big downside.

Thanks Wozz, what about the lack of oomph though? I was all set to order it, but my mate (an experienced Sparky) told me it would be a big mistake.

Personally,

I would order from our forum sponsor isswww.co.uk, he has an outstanding reputation here, and is online here everyday. His service is second to none and mopre importantly, he will give you a discount for being a forum member here on talk.electricianforum.co.uk.

Power Tools - ISSWWW

Last edited by a moderator:
If your budget is that tight then Id go for AEG, its Milwaukee's little brother, and they really are the dogs dangley bits!

Im overdue to do a review of the Milwaukee soon.

We do have this unit on our site which has been very popular, thanks to Admin for his support and pointing you in our direction. Unfortunately we can't move much on the price of this item but i can give it the thumbs up, it has 3 year warrenty and of course we are always around to help if you have any issues.

Good luck with what ever you buy.

Thanks for all your advice guys. I looked on the isswww site, but they only do the 251 (the one I think I want) in a set. I don't really need the impact driver and I definitely can't justify spending

I have the Makita 451. Some small cars don't even put out 80Nm torques!!

If you're bothered about only one battery then get a Makita equivalent from Axminster for 50 quids.

I have a full suite of Makita and can heartily recommend it. The radio is especially good.

I recently bought the Milwaukee from Megger Mark

and although it may be above your budget, (as it was mine) , never again would I buy second rate kit,

it has so far out surpassed anything I have threw at it, my roofer keeps putting his Dewalt back in the van as soon as I bring the Milwaukee out,

oh, I have one fault,

the case is a little on the large side, more on that later though.

save some more pennies and buy decent gear, I for one, am glad I took the extra time this time and saved up until I could actually afford some proper kit. :)

it'll make your mates makita look like fisherprice.!

Thanks chaps. Still doing my NVQ3 so not earning full money yet, which is why I have an upper limit on price. But I will heed your advice next time I buy tools :)

Latest posts