An end to the fast track.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point I wanted to makeDo you really expect the qualifications for part P to go up ?

I dont think it will happen
Part P in concept is a good thing, in fact the recent survey showed that the majority of electricians wanted it, but would like it to be enforced on the same scale as gas safe is. Last months edition of PE included a special report on Part P, and is asking for your personal views, if any of you have anything to say, however trivial it may be, then have your say. The more information we provide, the more they will take our opinions into consideration.

As we`ve previously said mate; the scams are run "for profit" - even the "non-profit" organisations make a quick buck from the "pee ness", as it were.

If they made the membership harder to obtain or keep, they`d be shooting themselves in the wallet - won`t happen.

Easier to get peenessed - probably. The scam providers will shaft anybody they can - its all about the money.

Cynical? - maybe. Correct? - you decide.

thats just it, the way it is at the minute there is no way it could be implemented like gas safe,

A massive issue I see is the fact that it is the company that is registered competent, not the individual,

this needs to change, IMHO.

along with the information available to the general public about the requirements of the law.

In principle I would agree KME, however we have a voice, and the more we use that voice the better.

Ok Im sober now :(

I honetly dont think the scams are going to make it harder for Plumbers, Builders etc to get a part P qulification, thats where they get there money from.

I also do accept that Gas safe is something that is needed, to be honeset I would not like to play with Gas without proper training.

But I think the same rules should be implemented for electrical work, its just as deadly, although tends not to hit the headlines as often as gas explosions.

But, it doesnt matter how you change the recommendations for electrics, untill you make it a criminal offense to pose as an electrician nothing is going to happen. (some spelling in this post may be wrong, cant be bothered to spoolcheck it)

A significant difference between gas and electrical alterations in the home is the number of appliances and accessories they supply. A gas installation would probably only have four items maximum; Boiler, Fire, Oven & Hob and these items are infrequent purchases. Whereas the quantity of electrical appliances and accessories that are common in the average home, means there is a very large range of suppliers offering product to fill this market. I think any changes to electrical law in this county would have too much negative effect on a the retailing DIY businesses and with minimal extra lives saved. So no one will make any changes to upset a lot of large business who pay their business taxes etc.

Doc H.

Latest posts