Annoying

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkayelectrical

Reaction score
Just spent 4 hours building racking for my new van.... Go to to it in and won't fit while assembled so had to take it appart and refix it in van! Gave the Mrs some thing to laugh about any way!

the times Ive done stuff like that.a lot of years ago I knew a guy that built a CBX1000 in his upstairs bedroom! :eek:

:slap
Geezer I knew years ago rode his Triumph into his living room and then spent the long winter months hardtailing it and raking out the forks etc. Rebuilt it in there and then couldnt get it out again lmao

Another guy lived across the estate i grew up on, did loads of work on his Cortina, including a low bodykit ( rare back then) and ripped the front off getting it off his drive

Just spent 4 hours building racking for my new van.... Go to to it in and won't fit while assembled so had to take it appart and refix it in van! Gave the Mrs some thing to laugh about any way!
There's a reason it's called VAN racking. You'd be even more annoyed if you built it up then realised it was for an estate car.

I knew a guy rebuilding an old sports car from the chassis up in his garden shed.

The garden didn't have access to the road, even allowing for dismantling the shed and taking the fence down. I don't know how that ended up. Crane perhaps?

Geezer I knew years ago rode his Triumph into his living room and then spent the long winter months hardtailing it and raking out the forks etc. Rebuilt it in there and then couldnt get it out again lmaoAnother guy lived across the estate i grew up on, did loads of work on his Cortina, including a low bodykit ( rare back then) and ripped the front off getting it off his drive
A mate went to look at a repossession years ago. The owner, a single guy had been known as "noisy" and "into bikes". The estate agent warned that it need some work......understatement of the year. Picture a two up two down, as he went through the front door the stairs had been boarded over up the middle. In the living room you looked up to a hole in the ceiling. Apparently the previous chap did bikes up (more like ringing them I think). He'd strip them downstairs then HOIST the frames upstairs for spraying and assembly. Once done drive them down the stairs. Proper production line by all accounts.

Latest posts