Anyone been refused Part P reg.?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've lost me on this one , Specs, what other choice was there, other than the NICEIC for contractors ? I know that today, on the domestic side , there is a choice of providers but surely only NIC is acknowledged commercialy.

There was no other choice for the contractor to enlist with.

I think this is indeed the pivotal point......There are listings of contractors who get struck off the listings for failing to maintain the requirements of membership...

e.g. work standards, keeping qualifications up to date, paying subscriptions, customer complaints etc.. etc..

:|
That'll be the main one I'd wager!

MMMMMMmmmm ! 268 views and no one refused yet.
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm! still as per me post #18!

Really crap sparks would not bother trying to enrol, or log on to forums like this.. they would just carry on doing their work not notifying or certifying anything.A good competent spark will just go ahead get enrolled, pass assessments, (cuz to a competent person it is not too hard), and just get on with work notify & cert as appropriate.

A slightly poor spark who enrols, if they are within a gnats whisker of meeting the standards would generally be given appropriate advise and opportunity to improve their standards and just get their final acceptance date a bit latter than originally planed.. (probs have to pay for a second assessment visit tho!).

I doubt a person who didn't think they had a cat in hells chance of complying with assessment, would stump up around

You've lost me on this one , Specs, what other choice was there, other than the NICEIC for contractors ? I know that today, on the domestic side , there is a choice of providers but surely only NIC is acknowledged commercialy.There was no other choice for the contractor to enlist with.
So what ahe the ECA been doing for the past 100years then???? :(

e.g. try this website...

http://www.eca.co.uk/

Founded over 100 years ago, the Electrical Contractors' Association (ECA) is the UK's largest and leading trade association representing electrical, electronic, installation engineering and building services companies. We work closely with government and key national bodies to improve industry standards and procedures. Our comprehensive, progressive and innovative services are highly respected and renowned throughout the industry. Welcome to the ECA public website. If you are an ECA member, please login to access the members area and member specific information across the site.
and / or this page...

http://www.eca.co.uk/UsAndOurIndustry/AboutTheECA/code.asp

The ECA Code of Fair Trading was originally introduced in 1991 and registered at that time with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). It reinforced the standing of ECA members as quality-driven trades people with high standards who had already been covered by a guarantee of work for over 40 years. Obligatory adherence to the Code alongside the ECA's Rules, Bye-laws and disciplinary procedures would also enable the Association to ensure the upkeep of high standards of conduct. Since then, the OFT have published general "core criteria" for trade association codes of practice, whilst the Government is also promoting the principle of high standards of conduct, together with consumer-friendly warranties and complaints procedures, in a general drive with official schemes to improve quality standards in domestic building and associated work.
code of fair trading 1991...

18 years ago...... WELL before part-P was a twinkle in any governments eye!

So what was stopping any business specifying they wanted their electrical contractors to be members of 'ECA' -vs- 'NIC'????

:| ?:| :(

Monopoly? My Ar5e!!!! :eek: :|

Latest posts