Calibration checksheet

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
milovisk I presume from your reply to a previous post of mine that you are involved in calibration testing. if so maybe you can answer this questionDo you calibrate to the Manufactures Calibration procedures or just to the manufactures Specifications.

if you are not testing to the Manufactures Calibration Procedures Were do you get the specification that you use for your cal purposes from,

ie. direct from the manufacture, From their Advertisement specification sheet or from the user manual ect.

Also if a manufactures calibration procedures involve optimization/Adjustment of the EUT

Does yours include that in your calibration process.

Answers to this would also be appreciated from any other cal houses/reps/employees.
We calibrate to the official published manufacturers specification, adjustment procedures are something different and are not always made available as per the Fluke 165X series.

Calibration is just a verification that the instrument is within specification and is compliant with the regulations in the environment in which it is used.

Adjustment is not required if the instrument is within that specification but as a matter og good practice we adjust if the instrument has drifted to more than 75% of the tolerance and record this as minor adjustment on the certificate. Some companies do not adjust unless they find the instrument is outside specification.

milovisk,

I must confess I did not like the attitude of some of your initial posts.

Sorry but that is the truth.

"FlukeyMark" as you would like to call him, has helped me out a few times when I have needed new equipment quick or existing stuff sorted quick, so I am "on his side".

However, you seem to have talked some sense so I am willing to "cut you some slack".

This comment may not be popular with my fellow forumites, bar those who know and understand me.

I follow your arguments and I do fully understand them.

I have worked in ISO 9001 & 14001 environments and, not just from an "operative" standpoint.

I have 5 calibrated instruments, 2 multi functions, a DMM, a digital clamp, & my AVO9.

I also have a few resistors and a Seaward Checkbox 1557 which is kept in a "safe" environment and calibrated annually.

All of my test meters are checked against this, my test resistors and each other monthly.

However, understanding fully the ramifications of calibration, adjustment and repair.

I will have all items calibrated annually, even though I treat them delicately & with kid gloves.

At the end of the day any items of your test equipment "COULD" save your life, or perhaps that of one of your customers.

IF you look further into accuracy requirements for other standards etc. then it id soubtful you can get away from at least annual calibrations and regular verifications, as "Mil" suggests earlier.

You have to make the quantum leap from user though to fully understand the ramifications of the situation, which is not easy to do or understand.

Paul

They are cross checked every morning and night with primary standards and are calibrated every 6 months to UKAS standards at a cost probably 10 times that of buying a brand new checkbox.As I quoted above and has been subsequently reiterated in another post "traceabilty to national standards" is the key.

Traceabilty is only valid to the length of your certification i.e. 12 months.

Cross checking and using non-traceable checkboxes does not fulfill this requirement.
so you dont actually send them away for independent calibration then?

you simply use your version of a fancy checkbox?

and its only every six months, whereas most sparks use theirs every month,

first you say you cross check, then you say cross checking is not valid........

so you dont actually send them away for independent calibration then?you simply use your version of a fancy checkbox?

and its only every six months, whereas most sparks use theirs every month,

first you say you cross check, then you say cross checking is not valid........
No let me explain a little better

They are sent away twice a year to be calibrated independently at another UKAS lab at great expense, as I said in my previous post.

Every time they come back we need to review the results and amend our published uncertainty budgets if neccesary . This is a requirement put on us by UKAS against EN/ISO17025

In addition to this we do a check twice per day against primary standards which cost over

milovisk,I must confess I did not like the attitude of some of your initial posts.

Sorry but that is the truth.

"FlukeyMark" as you would like to call him, has helped me out a few times when I have needed new equipment quick or existing stuff sorted quick, so I am "on his side".

However, you seem to have talked some sense so I am willing to "cut you some slack".
Paul , I'm sorry about how my initial attitude was perceived, anyone who knows me would know I am not that type of person , I'm the type of person who likes a joke and a wind up which works in real life but does not always come across well in the written word. I also have quite strong views on some things and sometimes need to choose my words better but all in all I am here to learn and to help , if people give me a chance.

All of that banter with mark was meant in good spirit which he now knows so that is not really an issue anymore.

Cheers

No let me explain a little betterThey are sent away twice a year to be calibrated independently at another UKAS lab at great expense, as I said in my previous post.

Every time they come back we need to review the results and amend our published uncertainty budgets if neccesary . This is a requirement put on us by UKAS against EN/ISO17025

In addition to this we do a check twice per day against primary standards which cost over