Career from computer operator to electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ask them?
Well they are hiding the truth so I don't know which one I should believe.They kept telling us that we are electricians but I had this sense in me that told me what was real and what was fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
what made you think it was fake? the fact you didnt actually do anything to do with electrics or electronics?
Because it was supposed to be for electricians and not for electronicists.You're right there,when I joined my highschool I had no idea what I'm supposed to do but now I know that the degree that I own is more for computers rather than electronics.Unfortunately I don't know how to use a computer because I'm only good at searching the web and using microsoft word.I really don't know what a computer and the components of this machine do.

well in this country you DONT graduate from High School....you graduate from University ( although we are unfortunately going the way of the yanks and graduating from Nursery, pre school, Macdonalds, Lidl, Home Bargains etc)

you get degrees from University NOT High School

so I have NO idea what qualification you have

@AndyTM   That project was made by my highschool and I participated because I was fitted for the selection criterias.In Romania highschool is required and the repartition was made by the computer and not by me.Accordingly,I participated at the required courses of this highschool and hardly after highschool I want to find a career which is right for me and that is very difficult because I didn't get my IB exam(AP exam in your country) and I'm waiting to see what courses the employment agency offers.                    

well in this country you DONT graduate from High School....you graduate from University ( although we are unfortunately going the way of the yanks and graduating from Nursery, pre school, Macdonalds, Lidl, Home Bargains etc)

you get degrees from University NOT High School

so I have NO idea what qualification you have
You're right but I failed my IB exam(in your country that would be the AP exam).

@kerching I am parallel with electricity and my dream was to become an electrical officer in the navy which is a chief electrician.I always wanted to travel the world but unfortunately I'm not ready for the seamen or electrician in the ship.I could go to college but that means I will have to revise all the DC and AC chapters.In highschool I've never learned a lot about chemistry so preparing myself for the future is not an easy task.

join the Navy then and get all the training you are after....

In short you have done a computer course of some sort, this is completely irrelevant to electrics which is power distribution  - I changed career from an electronics, control enginering background thinking I knew how electrics worked, and was quite surprised how different being an electrician is.

So my question for you is; what have YOU done since discovering your high school qualification is no use to you? 

Its all very well coming here crying wolf and expecting us to teach you, but it’s not about us it’s your life so what are you doing or going to do? 

So my question for you is; what have YOU done since discovering your high school qualification is no use to you? 
Well since the education is required and that I was reassigned at a specialty which was obtained from the 8th grade exam,the law didn't allowed me to move in another specialty.My accumulate knowledges were minimum because I wasn't let to do alone the projects in the highschool lab.Just now I'm looking for a specialty where I can join and I was interested in my professional qualification in the UE.The way of implementation must be professional in the UE without differences between the countries.This is where my dissatisfaction comes from and in the UK what courses are made so that I can readjust to an electrician in the navy?

Its all very well coming here crying wolf and expecting us to teach you, but it’s not about us it’s your life so what are you doing or going to do? 
Well I just said that I want to work in the navy as a chief electrician...

So.....you WANT to be a Chief Electrician in the navy BUT you have no suitable qualifications ? Here it would not be a degree

A).    Chances of going in as chief are less than Zero

B).    Chances of rising to chief are probably fairly slim

so, start at the lowest rung and climb up. There is no magical,course to sign up to that will convert you....well not in MY country, yours may be different

I see on Google you wanted to be a Plumber before aiming for electrician  .  Why not forget electrician and go straight for Admiral in the Navy . ?
Now my mother told me that plumbers install boilers and that won't be a wise choice.She told me that the weight of a boiler is about 50 kg.She doubts my skills of installing boilers and she also told me that you have to gain muscles if you want to lift that big box.

Because to become an admiral in the navy you need to know about technical drawing and I don't have such skills.

Latest posts