A wannabe electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what can I say?? 

Are you currently living in England? 

If so may I suggest that you either go and speak to our schools about your education prospects and potential courses. 

Secondly can I suggest that you cut the apron strings from your parents. They are your parents yes but you are your own person so please be one. 

Start by deciding what it is that you want to do, not what your parents want or expect of you, then look at what is required to do that job or profession. Forget everything that you did in Romania as you are no longer there you are here so you'll have to fit in with our way of doing things, which I might add appear to be far superior to Romanian efforts. 

If you don't want our advice or supportive efforts then you are of course free to return to Romania to continue your studies and life there. 

The reality is that there are thousands of people of various nationalities, (including born and bred British citizens), who are combinations of naive, gullible, half soaked, lazy, day dreamers, who think they can get a good well paid, skilled job, working in a trade where the dangers could result in almost immediate death if you get something wrong, by just doing a few weeks or months of training and a couple of multi-choice on-line exams open book tests.

There are numerous quick courses provided by various 'training establishments', but these should never be considered as a one size universal become an electrician course. Rather if they are to be used,  should in my opinion, be regarded as an "Introductory taster" of some aspects of electrical installation work, to give a reasonable overview of if you want to pursue a full and formal training program to become a qualified electrician who can work as an employee, sub-contractor, or self employed. I am 99.9% sure there are just as many, English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh youngsters who have been led up the training garden path to nowhere, as there are Romanians, Polish or numerous other European immigrants. I don't think race or nationality has any relevance on the fact that training companies are out there to fleece and snare any unsuspecting person they can squeeze some money out of!

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what can I say?? 

Are you currently living in England? 
I do not live in England,i live in my country.I am 18 years old and the last time when I created that topic I thought I could get a job here as an electrician without any experience.

Well in that case my friend, you have seriously been misguided, at least by our way of doing things. I would suggest that you do a little searching as to what is required in your country for qualifications in becoming an electrician and see if what you have is sufficient. Perhaps call a few local electricians and seek their advice. 

I'd suggest that your what your teacher told you is that this course is perhaps a first step (of many) in becoming an electrician. 

Sharpend,we have nowhere to go.Most of the jobs are fake and when they describe an electrician they describe something else like a handyman.I guess I have to choose another job.

Oh and one more thing that I forgot.Do you need to be good at economics skills in order to be an electrician?I had an activity with that part and I didn't get the relation between these two.I thought an electrician is just a guy that works for a company but not a successful bussines man.

I asked all these questions because no one explained us in time what an electrician does.

Status
Not open for further replies.