A wannabe electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
arata ca o pierdere de timp. nu poți învăța destul în acel moment să fii electrician. există un motiv pentru care o ucenicie durează 4 ani. un curs atât de scurt nu te va duce nicăieri

3 month to be a sparky, yet their course on sticking 2 bits of metal together is 7 month...

you can learn the 17th edition regs in a couple of weeks, but that doesn't make you an electrician. That comes from learning skills like cutting and installing conduit, how to make holes in walls without compromising building regs, and a host of other things best lean't from another electrician.

Last edited by a moderator:
arata ca o pierdere de timp. nu poți învăța destul în acel moment să fii electrician. există un motiv pentru care o ucenicie durează 4 ani. un curs atât de scurt nu te va duce nicăieri

3 month to be a sparky, yet their course on sticking 2 bits of metal together is 7 month...
Ah, well!! see!!!! ha ha

john..

I had an idea!!!!! Join the fire brigade!!! They know a bit about electrics [apparently], AND they get to have lots of fun squirting water!!!!

How hard can it be!!! Turn up, connect a hose, squirt water, roll hose back up, and back to the gym [or painting houses!!!]

john..

I had an idea!!!!! Join the fire brigade!!! They know a bit about electrics [apparently], AND they get to have lots of fun squirting water!!!!

How hard can it be!!! Turn up, connect a hose, squirt water, roll hose back up, and back to the gym [or painting houses!!!]

john..
It's just that you need an exam at physics and since i'm parallel with thermodynamics and all of their laws I'm pretty sure I'll be rejected.

I am  good at physics at only 1 chapter and that is electricity with the dc theory.

Ahh, thermodynamics the bain of my life for the forty years I worked on kilns and furnaces.

Luckily I had a firm grounding in maths, physics and chemistry before I was indentured as an apprentice.

At the present moment, I couldn’t give a stuff about anything. I’m listening to Claude Debussy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I flunked thermodynamics at physics in my sophomore grade so it was only for a few days.After I passed it I had no idea what to do with it..

I understand how physics is tied with electricity but what I don't understand is why do you require chemistry?I mean most of the electricians know more physics than chemistry.I just don't see the connection between these two disciplines.

john..

By the way, i was only joking when i was saying "how hard can it be" You would be very surprised as what goes into putting fires out without killing yourself or others.. It is very interesting actually..

john..

So,does anyone know the connection between physics and chemistry in electricity?Why would you need to understand atoms,nucleus,electrons?

To understand why some materials are insulators, and others conductors.. To understand how things like capacitors work. To be able to understand the electrical "units" like "coulombs" [ the amount of electrical charge that will flow with a current of one Amp for a second" and so on.

If you do not know about physics and the like, how you going to convert units from electrical ones to mechanical ones??

A crane lifts 20 tons 78 feet in 40 seconds. How much power is needed in KW??

john..

Well I flunked thermodynamics at physics in my sophomore grade so it was only for a few days.After I passed it I had no idea what to do with it..

The UK has different school term times and examination systems.

Could I suggest you look for a US website? MH may help, but given your obstreperous posts I don’t think you’ll survive long on there.

A crane lifts 20 tons 78 feet in 40 seconds. How much power is needed in KW??

john..
Now I don't know a lot of physics but one thing I do know is that power is measured in watt.The answer is 120 watts to your problem.

The UK has different school term times and examination systems.

Could I suggest you look for a US website? MH may help, but given your obstreperous posts I don’t think you’ll survive long on there.
We have the same education like in the USA except some courses that we don't posses.These are job-like courses:carpenter,electrician,plumber and so on.

slide_4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts