Check This Out!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, "Tommy" is a British soldier, sitting, just thinking, at 11-01am, one minute after the armistice.

He was only supposed to be at Seaham for 3 months, as the local council did not want to buy him, as they "did not think the expense should come from the public purse"

Ordinary members of the public raised 86K i think it was all in all, and bought him.

One might well imagine that is the sculpture was of a black, one legged lesbian, the council would have come up with the money no problem...

Seaham council, shame on you. I thought they had more sense up there... Men like Tommy died so these councillors could be twats..

Next time i am up there [soon i hope], i will go and take a look..

john

Yes, "Tommy" is a British soldier, sitting, just thinking, at 11-01am, one minute after the armistice.

He was only supposed to be at Seaham for 3 months, as the local council did not want to buy him, as they "did not think the expense should come from the public purse"

Ordinary members of the public raised 86K i think it was all in all, and bought him.

One might well imagine that is the sculpture was of a black, one legged lesbian, the council would have come up with the money no problem...

Seaham council, shame on you. I thought they had more sense up there... Men like Tommy died so these councillors could be twats..

Next time i am up there [soon i hope], i will go and take a look..

john

:slap

Last edited by a moderator:
Lived in Roker when i was a kid. Miss it terribly, could sit and look at the sea for hours. When it is calm in the summer, it is beautiful, when it is rough in the winter, even more beautiful.

Check these photos out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5diqenA4GOI

john...

A few shots of Seaham in there actually, the rest is Roker.. That is Seaham on the thing above

john..

That sculpture is great .............but in today's Britain of "no respect"  I fear the Eastern Europeans will have him away for the scrap value .......and some scrotebag of a scrap dealer will pay for it . 

Metal nameplates have been stolen from war memorials in the Midlands ....they also steal from children's graves ...metal flower vases etc. 

its good to see an artisit with genuine talent. Fantastic piece of work.

For those not familiar with Cornwall / Devon, they are plagued with artisits of the limited talent variety who talk a load of non-sense about the meanings on their works whilst displaying something that looks like a painted dog turd. So it is really good to see an artist display a peice of work that displays talent.

Yes, near where i live there is a growing population of "dog turd" type "sculptures" i will take a photo of one later if i can and post it. Rather appropriately, it is in the grounds of the local psychiatric hospital. Whether the chap that commissioned it was an inmate of said establishment is uncertain...

I agree about the eastern european thieving scum, but Tommy is over ten feet tall, and, if anyone were to tamper with him, i can assure you that the residents of Seaham would treat such scum to a recreation of battlefield conditions all of their very own... [Apart from the councillors that is, who would probably assist the romanian scum and and celebrate it as an example of "cultural diversity"]

john..

Latest posts