Compex Training

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayglynn

Reaction score
Hi Guy's

Does anybody know where I can get some information or even course material for the Compex course. I've plenty of experience in Industrial installations but none in Hazardous and I'm just getting a little worried as I've been told you need this and that it's a pretty hard course. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jason

Steps he may have to do all 4

However you will have to provide proof of other course work which is not electrical.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 ?

IIRC there was 7 sections to it when I done it, that was a few years back now though.

AH, just had a look, 4 for sparks, but if he is hoping to get on the fields or rigs he may need some of the mech ones too,

I only had 2 spark ones and a mech one, for whatever reason that is what was needed from me. :C

4 ?IIRC there was 7 sections to it when I done it, that was a few years back now though.

AH, just had a look, 4 for sparks, but if he is hoping to get on the fields or rigs he may need some of the mech ones too,

I only had 2 spark ones and a mech one, for whatever reason that is what was needed from me. :C
Yes, there are only 4 which are for electrical, but, they surprise you by telling you later that you have to also do some other modules to allow you to satisfy the requirements.

Another money making scheme, so during your electrical workings you have to know about things like dust control, so there lies another module.

and, if your on the rigs you need survival, thats another £1500 or more maybe now,
oh, Im not sure if its still like it now, but even if you were working on the rigs in dry dock you still needed survival 'cos the [moron] unions had it that way,
they say they are for the workers, but unless you were in the club paying the union £1500 for a 2 day short course you werent allowed to work in a dry dock cos you didnt have survival [renewable yearly BTW] !!

Got all my offshore tickets BOSIET, MIST, OGUK Medical, Slinger/Banksman Stage 1 & Rigger Stage 1.Also doing City & Guilds 2800 in Instrumentation in March. All these and Compex I thought I might even get adhoc work.

That's the plan anyway, I know it won't be easy though.

Hi Jayson, I have just e-mailed you a set of notes, enjoy
smile.png
hi feller

just joined im doing my compex tickets 1 to 4 in few months time could i blag a set of papers from you also, just brought the atex book not cheap either.

many thanks gaz

Hi Roy's do u think I could also get a copy please I've been put on this course in march I want as much info as I can before hand. Seems a bit overkill for the job I do but still training is training and I'll not turn any down. Thanks

Hello guys, is there any chance someone could kindly fire me off some compex course notes for a heads up before I go? Thanks