Greenwich

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie h

Reaction score
Any of you guys work in this area? I've been working on a property in east Greenwich and may, in the future, end up living there for a while... I'm just wondering if the private market is saturated like most parts of the country... I'd be looking to relocate and set up self employed.

Cheers

Ste

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there last Thusday. Bloody Olympics, it took 2 hours from N London. I got there late at 8am for a job for Thames Water. Did the first part in 20 min then waited till 3.45 when the guy turned up. It was the day the water main burst on the North circular at Brent Cross & he had been sent there. Didnt get finished till 7.30 but at least there was no traffic on the way home.

PS, sorry, have no idea about general work in that area except why would it be different than any where else. With the Olympics finished all those foreign workers are probably thinking lets stay here and work, we are all proper electricians now .

Greenwich - on the domestic front then you have a real mix of high and low income properties both there and in the surrounding areas. I mean Blackheath - loadsamoney! Parts of Deptford........you get my drift. Same with Greenwich, some older social housing then new build flats to capture the city bods who've bought there for the closeness to London.

I work that area mate and as onoff says theres good parts but alot is council owned and majority foreign. I try to avoid going into London and Blackheath/Greenwich is the start of london from where I live. There's work about you just got to go looking for it.

Thank fk the Olympics is over tho I avoided going near Blackheath and Greenwich must have been a nightmare

Thanks for the replies, if I move I'd be living in the east near cutty sark station, from what you lads have said, it looks like blackheath and certain parts Greenwich are the places to target for work.

Cheers