How long can we carry on?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All far too vague (deliberately probably), no definition of 'essential' and no indication of essential to who. 

At this point, whereby the self employed are offered no real support, I have decided it essential for me to continue to work in order to put food on the table.

Whilst doing this I will maintain a 2 Metre distance between me and others.
And provided you maintain that then you are abiding by the PM/Medics requests. So where’s the issue? Sadly if Boris was to say “ to the idiots that feel they are above the requests of the government and you know who you are, you will be arrested” will probably cause mass rioting as this is the idiocy of these persons, can’t have or do what I want then I’ll throw my toys out! 
personally I’d say don’t do it and we’ll put you in hospital but guess that’s not in the interests of the NHS right now. 

Yes a certain cretin who lives in the capital comes to mind! 

to be fair to boris, what else can he do? people were advised to avoid each other as much a possible to try and stop it spreading. that got ignored by many. what else is he supposed to do?

on the plus side, being an introvert comes in handy... not really been much change for me....

All far too vague (deliberately probably), no definition of 'essential' and no indication of essential to who. 

At this point, whereby the self employed are offered no real support, I have decided it essential for me to continue to work in order to put food on the table.

Whilst doing this I will maintain a 2 Metre distance between me and others.

If you are on a site with more that 2 people from more than 2 residences then I would suggest you shouldn’t be doing the work ...

Yes a certain cretin who lives in the capital comes to mind! 

Yes, quite agree. Jeremy hasn’t offered much of an opinion or support to the government

This is the official guidance https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/874714/Full_guidance_on_staying_at_home_and_away_from_others.pdf

"Closing non-essential shops and community spaces"  Does NOT say closing all industry altogether.

You can leave home to "Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home."  It does not say it has to be essential

I shall print that document and carry it with me.  Being an "electrician" has not yet been banned, and most of my work cannot be done from home.

I shall carry on with common sense.  I will go to fix the broken heating system, I will not just go and change a light fitting, that can wait.

IF anyone gets challenged by the police, please let us know what they say and the outcome.

That's pretty much all sites - are they all closing?

And domestic work?

I think they need to.

the only way to slow the spread of the virus is to stop us meeting many people ... did you watch the BBC programme immediately after the PMs address ? The way they explained how this will dramatically slow the spread was very easy to understand. ..

well you would have thought so seeing as they are non profit enterprises! 

Non profit, doesn’t stop the directors paying themselves too much. 

Did you ever try to determine Emma Clancy’s pay and benefits?

the only way to slow the spread of the virus is to stop us meeting many people ... did you watch the BBC programme immediately after the PMs address ? The way they explained how this will dramatically slow the spread was very easy to understand. ..
Three numbers that tell a terrifying story

James Gallagher

Health and science correspondent, BBC News

It took:

67 days from the first reported case of coronavirus to reach the first 100,000 cases

11 days for the second 100,000 cases

Just four days for the third 100,000 cases

I think they need to.

I understand all of this, but people must be enabled to so - currently the self employed are not.

Do you think that all manufacturing should be closed too?

One good thing to come from this is it will stop those pesky ‘reality shows being broadcast’ 

:happybunny:

I understand all of this, but people must be enabled to so - currently the self employed are not.

Do you think that all manufacturing should be closed too?
industry has only been slowed in Italy so can’t see it being stopped here.