Mobile Broadband

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apache,

you do realise you are now in the Don's debt, dont you?

and I would suppose someone in the Don's line of work could probably make good use of a vets skills in various ways......

kinda makes me hanker back to the days when I used to work alongside marathon man.....

Apache,you do realise you are now in the Don's debt, dont you?

and I would suppose someone in the Don's line of work could probably make good use of a vets skills in various ways......

kinda makes me hanker back to the days when I used to work alongside marathon man.....
The Don is amused.

The Godfather

it is. although depending on sites etc, their servers cant always keep up, so often files may only download at 4-5Mb/s. Upload speed could do with being better

it is. although depending on sites etc, their servers cant always keep up, so often files may only download at 4-5Mb/s.[ Upload speed could do with being better/B]
But ours is just the same.

Perhaps someone in the know could explain why Upload speed is way down typicaly? (compared with Download) on home PC's?

Don's Boys

But ours is just the same.Perhaps someone in the know could explain why Upload speed is way down typicaly? (compared with Download) on home PC's?

Don's Boys
Because it's the typical way a consumer uses bandwidth, upload traffic is mostly small data packet requests for next page, the only time you start to chew UL is in emails with photo's, which is not a typical daily activity, so you just don't need it therefore they don't give it to you

A commercial user has a much higher DL/UL ratio due to the grater number of emails/files etc sent

BTW A simple way for an ISP to spot illegal file sharers is to look at UL/DL usage, P2P users often max out their UL 100% of the time so easy to spot, so if one were to do such a thing I'd recommend that one throttle back the UL speed in the the P2P s/w to 50% of the UL bandwidth

heres ours :D

http://www.speedtest.net/result/470174553.png' alt='470174553.png'>

Latest posts