My Practice Board by Mrs Streetlighter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe did you find that amusing then admin :D i watch toooo much chubby brown!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:20 ----------

Mine has been dismantled and will be ready for sale, very soon....welshwizard's Album: Test Board

Sorry to highjack your thread MrsStreetLighter. :|
looks smart that welsh, was that for an assesment/exam?? im just doing mine purely for gaining knowledge and experience before i decide to go into any further training to become an electrician, hopefully going to go in for my 17th in september!

Been doing a bit more work today on my practice board! Iv now connected up the Cooker Control Unit in 10mm T&E. Found it very challenging stripping it back to start with but one i got the nack of it. have tested it and connected it to the C/U :D next is a lighting circuit :D

streetlighter works with lamp columns all day long lol, he always coming home saying about what size cables he has been working with i.e 2 x 16mm 3core, 2x16mm 2 core loop in loop out, with 2x6mm 2 core on a 4 way gland plate!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:16 ----------

more piccies of my process on its way :D

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:17 ----------

More piccies of what iv done today

Circuit connection of the Cooker Control Unit

Practiceboardcontinued001.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued002.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued003.jpg

Lighting Circuit Laid

Practiceboardcontinued004.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued006.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued007.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued008.jpg

Used a conduit terminal box with a lighting pendant to imitate the cables coming from the back of the pendant :D

Used Switch Feed wiring method

Practiceboardcontinued009.jpg

Connecting up in the Consumer unit - not bad for my 1st time, looks a bit of a mess but its functional!

Practiceboardcontinued010.jpg

placing tails into the incomming

Practiceboardcontinued014.jpg

Practiceboardcontinued015.jpg

the tails will be connected to a BS 60309 16a Blue 3 Pin Round Plug and then energised after more testing.

What ya reckon peeps?

Street says he has managed to do it before on several occasions. he is guna teach me :S

Going back to the tip about using the ceiling rose as a bending template, all T&E cables if handled gently will display a natural bending curve, which will be very close to the recommended bending radius of the size of cable.

nope they are deffo 6mm. like i said piccies dont really help define size!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:51 ----------

Going back to the tip about using the ceiling rose as a bending template, all T&E cables if handled gently will display a natural bending curve, which will be very close to the recommended bending radius of the size of cable.
i have to admit tho manator, i found it much easier gaining a curve in the 10mm T&E using the cieling rose! its a very handy trick that i will use more often thanks to Zeespark :D

does it matter what size cr?

do we use the smaller ones upto 4mm, then the larger ones for 6&10mm?

how many do I need to carry? I might need bigger pockets, :|

hey its alright for you guys, youve had lots of years experience in setting bends in cable! the board is the 1st time iv actually set cables up and circuits etc!!! so any tips that im given i try them out and if i find them helpfull then i use them :D

One little thing maybe it's an OCD thing lol. I like all the clips the same way. But I don't keep my screws same directions :coat

thanks for the tip matty! the 10mm wouldnt behave itself and stay in the clips so i whacked another one in, the opposite direction to hold it in place and make it behave :D

Latest posts