Rough Ideas...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 17th ed db should not need 10mm bonding so the original 6mm will be ok due to everything being on a 30mA RCD
As Kme has asked, Where's that from ? The Main earth has to be not less than half the Neutral conductor size. As the On Site Guide ( yes, its only a guide) states a minimum of 25mm tails should be used, then the earth has to be 16mm and the bonding 10mm. These may be in place now. As the C/unit is being changed the latest version of the regs has to be upkept. This means Rcd's on most, if not all circuits and the main earthing and bonding.

A 17th ed db should not need 10mm bonding so the original 6mm will be ok due to everything being on a 30mA RCD
That's interesting...just that when I had my Elecsa assessment a few months ago, I'd changed the CU for a 17th Ed and didn't change the 6mm bonding and was told I had to :eek: .

Can you provide the reg. for that little gem of knowledge, please Nicky? I must`ve missed that!!!Thanks
I think even 4mm will be able to take the PEFC of 30mA

Its the adiabatic equation (I, fault current, will only be 30mA)

TT systems on a 100mA RCD only require 6mm bonding also
This thread is about a 17th edition board change where a max of 30mA Rcd is used.

Good point about the adiabatic, although i know its not right for this scenario. Will think about that tonight whist i sleep ; \ And of course only applicable if all circuits are 30mA protected anyhow.

Latest posts