The Sun & The Cold

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well after all these years I don't like working in the cold, wet and damp any more and today I decided I no longer like working in the heat, so that just leaves Spring and Autumn, time to semi retire me thinks.

Been in an insulated loft all day installing downlights and extractor fans. Not pleasant in any sense. Cold beer will help but fully agree retirement is the only solution. Just 30 odd years early!

Well after all these years I don't like working in the cold, wet and damp any more and today I decided I no longer like working in the heat, so that just leaves Spring and Autumn, time to semi retire me thinks.
I semi retired 8 years ago. But I wish it really was as simple as saying it's too hot to work today.

Don't worry chaps, cooler weather is working it's way down to you. 26 degrees over the weekend, and 13 degrees today.

one hot summers day at the aluminium smelter I had to rescue a crane that had thrown a pick up shoe. Had to go up in a cherrypicker after all necessary isolations done. Had to wear thermals under overalls, boots, gloves, hard hat and full face respirator - on top of that molten metal being produced below me. Air temp at floor level measuread at 70C - you can cook food in that! could only work for 10 mins without the need for fresh air and water. The extreme temp had expanded the pick up rail to the point it had distorted and hence thrown the shoe off the crane... THATS hot working...

Latest posts