Tradesman4u.com

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've signed up and, a few days ago, all I have left to do is add in my company description, however, in the County list on the site, the County in which I am located, neither my current County name, nor the one prior to the re-organisation of the local Counties is listed. (This does not sound right, but over dinner it's the best I can do!)

Any suggestions?

At this stage I can't see that I would get much work from it.

I've signed up and, a few days ago, all I have left to do is add in my company description, however, in the County list on the site, the County in which I am located, neither my current County name, nor the one prior to the re-organisation of the local Counties is listed. (This does not sound right, but over dinner it's the best I can do!)Any suggestions?

At this stage I can't see that I would get much work from it.
Hi Sidewinder, what county are you in? In truth those are added for a bit of SEO, people aren't realistically going to be going to deep into those counties links I wouldn't imagine. If your county isn't showing though it can be added. Perhaps its been missed off if theres been a re-organisation of counties like you mentioned. The site only went live on the 24th september so it will take some time to start generating work for you. Cheers for joining up though its much appreciated. Dave

Dave,

I will PM you with my County, it has not changed recently mind, but it seems that a LOT of the Post Code databases have not been updated!

Dave,I will PM you with my County, it has not changed recently mind, but it seems that a LOT of the Post Code databases have not been updated!
Cheers mate, thats great.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:01 ----------

Your not wrong there Sidey;)We get the same thing up here all the time
My web mans going to be getting a geography lesson later on! Lol

Please do not take the following as a bashing of your idea or site, it is I hope some constructive criticisms from somebody who has in the past been caught (for a fair few quid) by a similar type of site.

At last terms & conditions that are very nearly understandable.........apart from 51 that is.....will you refund or will you not refund or will you say " sorry no refund but you now owe us

Hi M107,

Refunds are something I want to make as straight forward as possible as this is one of my own personal gripes. Sorry you got the sting treatment from 118trades. I don't really know too much about that site.

The T&C's now read

37.Any claim for reimbursement must be made within 21 days of the purchase of the contact details. A homeowner changing their mind about a requirement for work is not a valid reason for a reimbursement and is between you and the homeowner and you agree that some customers may not always require a site visit. If you have incurred out of pocket expenses these are to be recovered from the customer.

Hopefully that is a much better window

51.You understand and agree that all transactions are final and that no refunds are available, other than those specified in our refund policy. If for any reason Tradesman4u.com Ltd decide to refund any monies, a fee of 65 pence will become due, to cover our payment processors administration charges and will be deducted from your refund. If you break any of these Terms & Conditions you will not be eligible for a refund.

The T&C's were done a little while ago before I knew exactly what our costs were, however, now we have worldpay/streamline set up they charge 65p to us for processing a refund so for now I think its 'reasonable' to recover that. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Cheers

Dave

:Salute

Thanks for taking my comments as they were intended, I was worried that I might have caused some offence.

:Salute Thanks for taking my comments as they were intended, I was worried that I might have caused some offence.
To be honest I really appreciate your comments. No offence at all. Since joining the forum I've had some really good feedback so it all good with me. :)

Wellllll.

I must admit, the generic idea of these sites puts me off. I find your personal attitude laudable - someone actually trying to make a decent, honest site can`t be wrong. Plus, Admin has accepted you as a sponsor - so he "approves" of you.

Anyway. I`ve had a look around, and I was considering joining - until I read the T&Cs.

I`m sorry - but items 52-55 inclusive put me off completely, regardless of anything else. Suddenly, with no warning, you`re charging me for being a member, and there is nowt I can do about it? I don`t think that`s for me, mate. No offence.

KME :coat

Hi kme, thats no problem at all. I completely understand some people have a lot of apprehention over these sites and and they aren't for everyone.

I should say though that I don't think the t&c's you mention mean we're suddenly charging you for membership. The site is free to join/be a member of and always will be. All t&c's would have a t&c within them to say the t&c's might change. Mouthful. I can appreciate what you're saying but I need to keep it so we can change a membership condition should for example we want to start asking for insurances policies or testimonials as a membership condition then we can do this without anyone challenging us. I'll perhaps find a better way of wording 54.

Cheers Dave

Hopefully worded better now.

54.Tradesman4u.com Ltd reserves the right to alter the way it operates its method and regulation of membership at any time and you will be noticed of this. We may request additional information, relating to your business, and failure to provide this may result in us cancelling your membership or suspending your membership until it has been provided.

Obviously we want quality tradesmen on the site so should we request information relating to insurance policies, trade memberships, testimonials and so on I need to have this in so I can effectively cancel a membership if someone is unable to provide it. At the moment resources don't stretch to being able to do this now but in future I will most likely be requesting these and thus need to be able to go back to people at anytime and request this info.

Cheers

Dave

Hopefully worded better now. 54.Tradesman4u.com Ltd reserves the right to alter the way it operates its method and regulation of membership at any time and you will be noticed notified of this. We may request additional information, relating to your business, and failure to provide this may result in us cancelling your membership or suspending your membership until it has been provided.

Obviously we want quality tradesmen on the site so should we request information relating to insurance policies, trade memberships, testimonials and so on I need to have this in so I can effectively cancel a membership if someone is unable to provide it. At the moment resources don't stretch to being able to do this now but in future I will most likely be requesting these and thus need to be able to go back to people at anytime and request this info.

Cheers

Dave
Dave please see suggestion in your quoted post above.

My strike through & red.

Having reviewed the T's & C's again then it is beginning to concern me a little also.

I am concerned over the possibility that one could not cancel membership, and payments.

I can understand that you would want to ensure that you are paid for any leads you provide, however, the subscriber must have the right to cancel and terminate any future payments for a service that they no longer use, unless you have a minimum subscription period for example.

Dave please see suggestion in your quoted post above.My strike through & red.

Having reviewed the T's & C's again then it is beginning to concern me a little also.

I am concerned over the possibility that one could not cancel membership, and payments.

I can understand that you would want to ensure that you are paid for any leads you provide, however, the subscriber must have the right to cancel and terminate any future payments for a service that they no longer use, unless you have a minimum subscription period for example.
Were you referring to 52, it stated that cancelling membership did not cancel your acceptance of the t&c's. Thats the nearest one I can see that tie's in. Anyway I've completely reworded it, as I agree that if someone wants to cancel a membership in full then thats fine (even if the membership is free, a business may go under or a partnership splits and so on then someone may want to cancel it), there should never really be an instance of outstanding payment as membership costs nothing and leads are paid for at the point of sale so there's no account running up so to speak. If you don't pay for the lead then you don't receive it its as straight forward as that. It now reads:-

52. You can cancel your membership at anytime, you are not in a contracted period and therefore no notice is required. Should there be an outstanding payment due this would need settling at the time of cancellation. Should you wish to just stop receiving leads you should switch off lead notifications temporarily in your account area rather than cancel your account, as once your account is closed we will not be able to reopen it, and should you wish to rejoin tradesman4u all your previous feedback and lead history will be lost. Cancellation requests should be done in writing quoting your membership number to [email protected] and will be cancelled within 2 working days.

Hopefully that takes out any confusion over that one.

Cheer again

Dave

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:54 ----------

Just a quick one to say I'm changing the pricing slightly so that any lead in the 0-

I have to say I am impressed with the acceptance of the ideas/recomendations given by fellow forumites, it does show you are wanting to provide a decent service....well done & hope it goes well for you & those that sign up.

I have to say I am impressed with the acceptance of the ideas/recomendations given by fellow forumites, it does show you are wanting to provide a decent service....well done & hope it goes well for you & those that sign up.
Cheers mate I really appreciate that. One of the best things about being able to sponsor the forum is having the ability to have an open discussion like this one and get lots of other sets of eyes to look over the site. I do think if we get it set right from the outset we might have a chance of it being a success. So far all the feedback/suggestions I've had have gone to improve the site which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Cheers again tho. Dave

Well.....

Welcome to the forum Dave AKA (Tradesman4U)

I am not going to pretend that I like these sort of sites..

on the whole I dont...

(I was a member of another trade body that ran a trades person finding site....

T'was a load of carp expecting you to pay for a quote that the customer only wanted to pay