Tradesman4u.com

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customer when inputting the job selects an approximate budget from a dropdown menu. Its slightly flawed as obviously a customers view of a job price may be completely different to the actual costs. Chances are though customers will 'undervalue' the cost of a job so if anything they are likely to estimate a

Even a reasonably clued up customer would have trouble keeping up with the fluctuations of copper prices for cable over the past 18months. A shower or cooker circuit could be nearly double what it was 18-24months ago mostly due to cable and fuel costs. I would think a lot of customer would use these sort of sites to get an idea of the costs are, as they do not know what the real costs are for the work they want done.

Doc H.

Would it be worth having a tab for potential customers to say that they are not sure of the price for something at all? I have walked away from people asking Me to do a board change for

I have been on RP and had no end of problems... People even post jobs for a house they have yet to buy!!!!!! And getting your money back is a pain.

I think your pricing structure sounds better though. I bought a job off them for 36 quid, the budget was 4000 so I thought it worth while. The job was smaller than I thought and I quoted 1200.

As for 5 quotes, forget it. I would not even bother purchasing the lead if 2 already had!

Its also a postcode lottery, in the smoke or other citys. It may work but in the sticks you will not get enough leads to make it worth while.

Good luck though, I'm sure you will be better than RP

**please note**

Other comments relating to this topic were in the forum sponsor thread. Direct merging them into this thread may cause a mess and loss of context between posts. So the old forum sponsor posts can now be viewed in a new closed thread http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/useful-links-page/17334-tradesman4u-posts-moved-current-sporsor-thread.html#post233031 If anyone needs to comment about one of these posts please link to it then continue discussion in here. Thank you.

Doc H.

Morning Doc, thanks for sorting that merge out. I could see it ending up cluttering the forum up.

Hi Paul, I feel your pain. Its largely the refund thing that has lead me to being here. If you go back maybe a year I'm fairly certain that a

Personally I think 3 quotes is more than enough; but, if you don't, then:

I think there should be an option for how many quotes the possible client would like.

There are ONLY two options.

The default option would be 3 quotes

and the second option to be 5 quotes.

Personally I think 3 quotes is more than enough; but, if you don't, then:I think there should be an option for how many quotes the possible client would like.

There are ONLY two options.

The default option would be 3 quotes

and the second option to be 5 quotes.
At the minute they get an option of requesting 3,4 or 5 quotes. I'm am wondering if 5 is too many. Somebody mentioned it yesterday and it got me thinking about it. Would I buy a lead knowing 4 other people are quoting/quoted. Am not 100% sure I would. If we were really quiet then maybe but in a general sense probably not.

Its set at a default value of 3 so most will probably just leave it as it is, and we'll probably see the vast bulk of leads come through as 3 I imagine.

Maybe a compromise would be giving them 2,3 or 4 as an option. I've not fully made my mind up on that yet.

Its on the massive list aswell!! :D

As I say, I personally, think that 3 is more than enough.

It is well known that tv programmes like Watchdog, cowboy builders etc all recommend getting 3 quotes.

As I say, I personally, think that 3 is more than enough. It is well known that tv programmes like Watchdog, cowboy builders etc all recommend getting 3 quotes.
I think they probably recommend getting a minimum of 3. To ensure they're getting a spread of quotes. i.e don't just get 1 and then place the order. Some people will want to go even further though and get 4,5,6 or however many they like really its the customers prerogative.

Quite right Dave,

I meant 3 minimum, not 2 as in your earlier post. Sorry, should have worded it better.

My bad.

No worries, I'm trying to think about the whole equation for all trades and all job types. If someone posts a job - "I need a gas safety certificate on a rental property" job value

Dave,

I am really heartened that you are taking on board the comments that we are making and I feel that if you carry on like this then you could have the makings of a good business.

Hopefully one that we will all be able to gain from.

Here's some that I have done, mate:

Anglesey

Blaenau Gwent

Bridgend

Caerphilly

Cardiff

Carmarthenshire

Ceredigion

Conwy

Denbighshire

Flintshire

Gwynedd