An end to the fast track.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does want to share, as most people here acknowledge, he is very free in shareing his vast experience, most of us are more than happy with that.

You may just find his qualifacitions blow yours away.

Better to have an NVQ3 than npt have one. I personally don't and I'm already a QS. But il definately be doing one.I just hope all these part time non-sparks go away when this comes out. The jobs I've been to after these short course sparks are terrible. Spurs with 8 sockets on from a ring. No FCU. Outdoor garden lights ran in twin & earth along fencing. TNC-S systems marked as TN-S on EIC's it goes on and on
you dont have an NVQ? of dear. maybe youll also disappear when those 'part time non-sparks' do

Doesn't matter mate. This is the internet, anyone can be anyone. He could be a control panel builder not a proper spark!
Maybe your not NAPIT ?????

no logo under your name

:C

posted here http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/inspection-testing/15439-2391-10-a-5.htmlso you must be a fast track then too electricserv?

only other way of doing it is an apprenticeship,

and like you said, you never did one, so that makes you a fast track like all the other non sparks. :C

your words, not mine.
OMG, someone who can't differenciate from a fast track spark (5weeks, easy quals) and somebody who never did an apprentiship but took the tech cert routes over a 3 year period and then onto the 17th and 2391. I'd say 6 & 1/2 years is time served wouldn't you?????....Or can't you calculate that in your head.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:52 ----------

[quote name='Andy

no need for me to disappear. i know my limits and what im competent to do, and more importantly, what im not competent at doing. no piece of paper will tell you that.

Knock Knock ? Is there anyone in there ?Did you just pop by here to wind everyone up ?

Have you had a bad day (i did ask this before but you ignored me, like lots of things you see fit to ignore) ?

Take a step back mate and chill, count to ten and have a beer............
No mate, just the rubbish what some people write, to try and be in the gang....

ah, well no, doing some night school for 2 or 3 years is not a 5 year apprenticeship, its a fast track approach, or am I missing something really obvious here?

you are the one said fast track, not me, so why now bring %WFW into it? cos I called you one? its a similar thing, if you dont have the balls to do a proper apprenticeship then get off the pitch, obvious really.

why are you doing the NVQ3?

oh , thats right,

you need yet another way to prove your competence, you dont have enough experience just yet, ah well, give it some time, it wont be long til your arrogance causes someones death and we will see how well your 2391 proof stands up in court against your peers, ie, a professional witness, (I think he builds panels TBH)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:01 ----------

dont think youve had 1 post yet that isnt rubbish
most of mine are,

just remember,

ones man rubbish is another mans gold, :D

I am doing the NVQ3

Thats nice, but you are picking agguents with peoplle that have passed it

I assume this is a wind up

ah, well no, doing some night school for 2 or 3 years is not a 5 year apprenticeship, its a fast track approach, or am I missing something really obvious here?you are the one said fast track, not me, so why now bring %WFW into it? cos I called you one? its a similar thing, if you dont have the balls to do a proper apprenticeship then get off the pitch, obvious really.

why are you doing the NVQ3?

oh , thats right,

you need yet another way to prove your competence, you dont have enough experience just yet, ah well, give it some time, it wont be long til your arrogance causes someones death and we will see how well your 2391 proof stands up in court against your peers, ie, a professional witness, (I think he builds panels TBH)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:01 ----------

most of mine are,

just remember,

ones man rubbish is another mans gold, :D
You talk the biggest load I've ever read mate. What do you do as an apprentice???? You go to college 1 day a week to do your theory 2330 duhhhhh anybody home???? this is what I done.....But I wasn't an offcial apprentice. I worked for companies throughout my tech certs that took 3 years then I did my 17th & 2391 whilst still being employed.

You talk the biggest load I've ever read mate. What do you do as an apprentice???? You go to college 1 day a week to do your theory 2330 duhhhhh anybody home???? this is what I done.....But I wasn't an offcial apprentice. I worked for companies throughout my tech certs that took 3 years then I did my 17th & 2391 whilst still being employed.
And your point is ?

you didnt do an apprenticeship , end of, its a 5 year course, you done a few hours a week for 3 years, big deal, you are a fast track, that is a fact, end off,

argue all you want if you feel better at being a failure cos your firm refused to give you an apprenticeship, I dont care,.

just dont try spouting your ill informed poor understanding of the law to me,

get at least a few of your facts right first,

employed or not, having a 2391 does NOT make you competent, it proves you can remember stuff, bit like having a 2382 proves you can read.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:09 ----------

oh, BTW, I didnt do a 2330 during my apprenticeship, thats a UK only BS7671 based exam.

A disturbance in the force I feel................... The dark side it is?

And your point is ?
Steptoe...seems to think I'm a 5day wonder because I wasn't a proper apprentice. For those who can't differenciate. An Apprentice is somebody who is taken on by a company and recieves government funding for their training. Usually helped with other qualifications by their firm.

I on the other hand was employed by an electrician when I was 16. I wasn't taken on any government scheme. I was just an employee of his. He shown me the ropes and trained me. All my qualifications were funded by the learning support council until I was 18. So the 2330 level 2. Once I turned 18 I wasn't allowed any funding. My boss couldn't afford to put me through the level3 2330 so I had to pay it off my own back the same as the 17th edition and 2391!