An end to the fast track.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you didnt do an apprenticeship , end of, its a 5 year course, you done a few hours a week for 3 years, big deal, you are a fast track, that is a fact, end off, argue all you want if you feel better at being a failure cos your firm refused to give you an apprenticeship, I dont care,.

just dont try spouting your ill informed poor understanding of the law to me,

get at least a few of your facts right first,

employed or not, having a 2391 does NOT make you competent, it proves you can remember stuff, bit like having a 2382 proves you can read.
Can't argue with that.... I wasn't after I did mine; I'd like to think I am now though, but others might think differently;)

you didnt do an apprenticeship , end of, its a 5 year course, you done a few hours a week for 3 years, big deal, you are a fast track, that is a fact, end off, argue all you want if you feel better at being a failure cos your firm refused to give you an apprenticeship, I dont care,.

just dont try spouting your ill informed poor understanding of the law to me,

get at least a few of your facts right first,

employed or not, having a 2391 does NOT make you competent, it proves you can remember stuff, bit like having a 2382 proves you can read.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:09 ----------

oh, BTW, I didnt do a 2330 during my apprenticeship, thats a UK only BS7671 based exam.
Biggest load of rubbish I've ever read. you don't know your stuff then!!!!! So your apprentiship was 5 years full on a college no on-site work????? I did one day release at college doing the 2330 and the other 4 days in work with my employer. Are you sure you are an electrician????? 2391-10 does make you competent in inspection & testing mate!!!! Never once said it makes you competent as a whole. Just in Inspection & testing...learn to read!!! big mouth

Biggest load of rubbish I've ever read. you don't know your stuff then!!!!! So your apprentiship was 5 years full on a college no on-site work????? I did one day release at college doing the 2330 and the other 4 days in work with my employer. Are you sure you are an electrician????? 2391-10 does make you competent in inspection & testing mate!!!! Never once said it makes you competent as a whole. Just in Inspection & testing...learn to read!!! big mouth
To be fair to steptoe, you have stated in other posts that you worked in various jobs including supermarkets? Steptoe and others have done nothing other than electrical.

Steptoe...seems to think I'm a 5day wonder because I wasn't a proper apprentice. For those who can't differenciate. An Apprentice is somebody who is takjen on by a company and recieves government funding for their training. Usually helped with other qualifications by their firm. I on the other hand was wmp[loyed by an electrician when I was 16. I wasn't taken on any government scheme. I was just an amployee of his. He shown me the ropes and trained me. All my qualifications where funded by the learning support council until I was 18. So thye 2330 level 2. Once I turned 18 I wasn't allowed any funding. My boss couldn't afford to put me through the level3 2330 so I had to pay it off my own back the same as the 17th edition and 2391!
where did I say you were a 5 day wonder?

and NO, an apprentice is not someone taken on under gov funding, I know for sure my boss never got a penny for me.

so, you tell me the difference between your 3 year course and a 5 year apprenticeship, cos I can see at least a 2 year gap that you say doesnt exist,

Im also wondering how you fitted in all this other stuff you did as well according to here

the other thing I notice, what version of 2391 do you have?

ah, it comes out now, 2391-10

bit of a joke really compared to the actual original 2391

you can do it in piecemeal now, and you reckon you da man ?

good on ye too fella, :)

To be fair to steptoe, you have stated in other posts that you worked in various jobs including supermarkets? Steptoe and others have done nothing other than electrical.
I left school at 16. started off as a control panel apprentice didn't like it left the first month. Laboured for a window fitting firm for a couple of weeks then went to work in ASDA for a couple months finally got a job with an electrician. Since then I've been working as a spark.

ah, it comes out now, 2391-10bit of a joke really compared to the actual original 2391

you can do it in piecemeal now, and you reckon you da man ?

good on ye too fella, :)
What the hell are you talking about...what version???? The 2391-10 inspection & testing there is no other. the 2391-20 is the design course the old 2400...What exactly are you talking about here. The 2391-10 is the hardest exam of them all mate. 60% fail rate across the country.....Not sure where your coming from with that post tbh

I left school at 16. started off as a control panel apprentice didn't like it left the first month. Laboured for a window fitting firm for a couple of weeks then went to work in ASDA for a couple months finally got a job with an electrician. Since then I've been working as a spark.
no you havent,

but if want to think that then I can go along with you, [bless]

you have been working as someone with a bit of knowledge about wiring houses who's ego and self certified opinion may well be putting people in danger is what you have been doing.

Could we say the 2391-10 is the dumbed down test inspection course? the old 2391 was far harder....................

Now the electricalserv lets have a ****ing contest.........your bound to win seen as you are coming across as a Humongous k.n.o.b.....

Could we say the 2391-10 is the dumbed down test inspection course? the old 2391 was far harder....................Now the electricalserv lets have a ****ing contest.........your bound to win seen as you are coming across as a Humongous k.n.o.b.....
Do you think????lol People still failing it more than ever!!!! You're the only k.n.o.b mate

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:26 ----------

no you havent,but if want to think that then I can go along with you, [bless]

you have been working as someone with a bit of knowledge about wiring houses who's ego and self certified opinion may well be putting people in danger is what you have been doing.
don't have to prove to nobody mate lol. I know my background and I also know you know little about proper electricians apprentiships. You say that the day release over a 3 year period on the 2330 is not how they work lmao!!!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:27 ----------

Could we say the 2391-10 is the dumbed down test inspection course? the old 2391 was far harder....................Now the electricalserv lets have a ****ing contest.........your bound to win seen as you are coming across as a Humongous k.n.o.b.....
Test & Inspection course Its inspection & Testing mate. We inspect before we test.......Use correct terminology!!!

serv, you have just said I was wrong, are you now going to admit that 2391-10 is only a part of the proper 2391?

the original course?

oh, thats right, your not a proper competent spark yet so that doesnt matter, we go by your rules,

BTW, can I have you registration number, Im sure your scam would be interested in some of your views.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:29 ----------

Can I run a poll on there being only one 2391 exam?
you can, but it doesnt exist anymore AFAIAA, its been split into lots of different parts.

You lot are thick!!!! The 2391 hasn't changed its just called the 2391-10 because the old 2400 design course has now been called the 2391-20. The design course was never part of the 2391 you idiots!

You lot are thick!!!! The 2391 hasn't changed its just called the 2391-10 because the old 2400 design course has now been called the 2391-20. The design course was never part of the 2391 you idiots!
Sorry electricalserv, my stupidity is always my downfall

don't have to prove to nobody mate lol. I know my background and I also know you know little about proper electricians apprentiships. You say that the day release over a 3 year period on the 2330 is not how they work lmao!!!!!
maybe when your in front of a judge you will have a different opinion.

sorry, when did I say that?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:32 ----------

ah, right, that must be the answer then, a competent spark told me so it must be true. :D

But I am a k.n.o.b that has the old school now your stuff 2391, not the "lets make it easier for the 5ww" 2391-10 & thats not be-littling your achivements after all we all have to start somewhere. ;)

Sorry electricalserv, my stupidity is always my downfall
Run a poll then..... The 2391-10 is the original 2391. The 2391-20 is the old city & guild design course FACT

I don't even think many of the ones I'm talking to are actual domestic, commercial or industrial sparks. Alot of you ahve backgrounds in enginneering and data cabling...Sorry but thats not sparking!!!

This must be the reason why you ahve no idea about the qualifications

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:35 ----------

But I am a k.n.o.b that has the old school now your stuff 2391, not the "lets make it easier for the 5ww" 2391-10 & thats not be-littling your achivements after all we all have to start somewhere. ;)
Your thick mate. 2391 has never changed....never. Its still as tough as it was. If not tougher. It is the qualification for inspection & testing only!!!! Just like the old 2391. The 2391-20 is the old 2400 design course!!! do your homework son!!!

so Electricalserv as far as i canwork out you have 2330 and thats it, want to contradict me.

Because Ill tell you now you are relly ****ing me off

Latest posts