Circuit Breaker is not tripped but no power

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and i thought this was bad

View attachment 10500
Quite apart from the "interesting" wiring, that picture is a lesson in why I don't like MK.

The mix and match police will tell us that is okay (apart from the wiring) because they are all MK circuit breakers.  Yet if they were a "wrong" make that fitted perfectly, they would tell is it would explode any minute.

The white wire ? looks like a separate feed do you have a night feed tariff (like our economy 7 in UK )  Whats your supply voltage?and country?  Never seen anything like this.

Edit Just googled for a picture of New Zealand meters  and they use a white wire too from the meter. not sure how to post a picture here but will post a link just scroll down for meter   https://idealhousenz.wordpress.com/2014/12/

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that earthing or bonding within the board? Don’t remember being taught that all those years back is it a new thing or before my time? @Evans Electric
Obviously before your time  Sharpie  .....  yes  Kerch will remember ....  in the 12th edition  MCBs had to be bonded together ...note the green links are without crimp lugs as they had not been invented yet .   

The mix and match police will tell us that is okay (apart from the wiring) because they are all MK circuit breakers.
I think those four to the left may be Wylex  so its an obscenity in the sight of the Mix & match police . 

Is the OP in NZ or Aus? I noticed the 'boiler' supply was on its own and fed from a separate supply from the rest of the DB. No neutral is being switched by the 2 pole incomer. One side, (the boiler side) is being fed from a separate fuse in the meter enclosure. This is because the DNO can remotely turn off everyones hot water cylinder remotely (through a radio signal received by the meter) in order to load shed in times of limited generation.

Latest posts