Cutting a slot in plywood

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Onoff

Here's what I have, this is designed for an 18" tall screen, (remember, I'm doing a vertical cabinet), 

I didn't actually measure much, I done it by eye, as to what 'looked' right, I only measured the screen height then put the rest of it to suit, 

Obviously you need to radius the corners, I used a toffee tin, and an aerosol can, :) I'm very technical about stuff like that being precise, :)

I'm sure you don't need telling, but the measurements aren't completely accurate, and they aren't in mm, :slap

DSC_0165.JPG

Ta, just been looking at this guy's drawings:

http://www.koenigs.dk/mame/eng/

Needs to be tall whatever - it's like The Land Of The Giants in my house!
@Onoff

Ye, I got some ideas from him,

Well, my workbench is 38" and I'm near 6', the angles on that cab work for me if it's sitting on my bench, 

So you could probably just cut your 2 sides from a sheet of 8x4 using the full length, then trim down to height. 

I did consider it, :)

It is, your screen is lopsided, ;)

btw, is this a bug,? When you click on the picture it puts it the rwu, :C
It's a "bug" in windoze as far as I  can tell. (possiblt other OS's as well)

To be "helpful" recent picture viewing software "helpfully" auto rotates any image you view to be the right way up.

This has led to people downloading pictures from their cameras and storing them on their computer and never bothering to rotate the image to be the right way up, as it's "always" the right way up automatically.

Until you come to post it on a forum and some old phart with an old computer views it, without this auto rotating software, and complains the picture is on it's side and you must be a t**t for not noticing that and posting it on it's side.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's shown it on a washing machine to throw us off the scent of where it's really going to sit:

Capture.JPG

Oh look the fridge is empty.....!   Guinness

They're Allen Bradley ones. Have NO/NC contact blocks on the back. You have to place your thumb on the top and pull up before they'll move. Got a feeling they'll also move on the diagonal axis also, not sure what block combination that brings in though.....

Only reason they got changed years ago was that the rubber boot would perish letting in water. (We actually put condoms on a few as a short term fix :Blushing ). Since changed to replaceable boot type.

Photo0384.JPG

Photo0383.JPG

A bit industrial maybe but I kept them "just in case".....

Btw, need a wiring diagram for all the 2-player controls required to connect to a Pi if anyone can point me at one please!

Last edited by a moderator:
That brings back memories,I worked on some arcade gear donkey's years ago.I actually had a table top Asteroids machine that I got from work.Incidentally how are you going with cutting that slot? I've got 4 different routers and loads of different cutters if you need a hand,I'm only part way down the Lancs.M6 gate 23.