No Earth

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fact no meter board has been fitted suggests an unauthorised move. I suspect the service cable handily came from the direction they wanted to move to, how far have they moved it.

The fact no meter board has been fitted suggests an unauthorised move. I suspect the service cable handily came from the direction they wanted to move to, how far have they moved it.
3 meters...cupboard at front door stairs facing..probably 2.5 being honest

Can't wait to see a picture. As already mentioned they need to get the DNO involved.

Can't wait to see a picture. As already mentioned they need to get the DNO involved.
I think they are worried about damage (I know..I know)...but I was thinking if I spiked it at least it would have something..I can board and fix to wall so it secure..but I don't want to worry them too much as husband is very ill...if its no option then DNO need to be informed...its a new installation and when I took cover off BD it looked like it had been thrown in with a caterpolt

I personally wouldn't get involved with any alterations and I certainly wouldn't be fitting a board for it don't become part of the chain. Get the DNO in and explain the situation.

That's the 16mm going to the DB....but when the cover is off its just sitting in a block on its own

Yes it is but in the service head it's just connected to the block with nothing else

I would suspect that the service had is SNE / or has been configured for SNE when its not a SNE service. Chances are PME is available and it needs setting up as CNE. WT henley site says the series 8 cutout is suitable for SNE and CNE supplies, but has a different order code for CNE and SNE versions, I suspect that the former includes an extra linking bar, which either was not present or thrown away.

Either call DNO and report no earth (and don't volenteer anything that youy don't necessary have knowledge off, you have just been brought onto the job, what the builders mate did or what happened 15 years ago is nothing to do with you, are are at the job, and are calling them because the earth from their head is open cirucit)

or. Take the earth out the head completely and convert to TT.

Where is terminal cover from the meter, if thats missing when DNO are called then they will have to do something about it (even if its just hazard tape in short term) but it really will make them suspect that things have been going on that should have not been going on and fine tooth combs might be involved

I'm thinking call DNO..at least then client will be confident the issue is resolved

How do you know it is in a block on its own within the service head.

Latest posts