No Earth

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Main fuse has no seals on pulled it and earth cover just slides off

So if it was you would you convert to TT or call DNO & meter company

If it is saying a polarity issue you should have swapped your leads over to verify.

Testing reads polarity voltage warning
Pull main fuse and continuity test from meter to CU to confirm correct polarity. Pictures of CU don't show enough detail to see id polarity is correct at CU end.

And get a pic of the head with the cover off to confirm type of cable and connections under the cover.

Pull main fuse and continuity test from meter to CU to confirm correct polarity. Pictures of CU don't show enough detail to see id polarity is correct at CU end.

And get a pic of the head with the cover off to confirm type of cable and connections under the cover.

he can do that from the visible meter connections 😊

To gas not water..water is plastic incoming

so not even any Earth from the gas ?

Yes to gas ...no to water 👍🏻
So I can't understand why you are not understanding the question the fact that the gas is bonded suggests that the incoming gas service pipe is metal which would act as an earth rod and therefore earth the installation to some degree, the fact that you are not seeing an earth when testing would suggest the incoming gas service is plastic

Last edited:
So I can't understand why you are not understanding the question the fact that the gas is bonded suggests that the incoming gas service pipe is metal which would act as an earth rod and therefore earth the installation to some degree, the fact that you are not seeing an earth when testing would sugest the incoming gas service is plastic
OR the polarity really IS wrong, hence I would want to check it.

In a similar case once before with no earth, I banged a temporary TT rod in and a wander lead to give me something I actually believed might be "earth" to measure from.

I'm going back tomorrow to investigate further before I make a decision on what to do..will take more pictures

Latest posts