spurs at the origen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i cant as the cable could be loaded with 39 amps

i know its not the best practice but its looking like it getting spured in the cu.

the regs do say it can be off a socket, direct on the ring or at the origin at the cu

32 o yes cus of the mcb, its still 5 over though

its not frowned upon that much

but 4 cables in a mcb is a no. but allowed headbang

so can i take a fcu from a spur then feed the socket off that
no. but if you change the first socket for FCU, you can feed both from it.

and a double socket is only rated 13A, same as single socket, so max should be 26A if you had 2. although in the real world, people will plug a dishwasher and washer into the same double socket and run both at the same time

and it would be the only one. there is a 16 amp labled socket, which is prob an old imersion. i could change this to a 20 amp and spur it off that, but agai it would be in the cu

have you seen the new Wylex PSB design? you can safely get 4 conductors into the terminals
no link me pls andy.

we'd still not do it tho would we

water heaters over 20(?) ltr should be on their own dedicated circuit, so you cant spur from it
capacity is not the decider surely?

20a heaters yes?

thats what dp switches are for

fcu feeding both sockets is an option, i even have the stuff for it

im sure it goes by capacity. im sure special will be around soon with his almighty knowledge of 7671 if i dont get there first
waits to learn Guiness Drink

maybe its down to the time that the heating element will be on for different capacity heaters

they have a combi, the imersions gone i think they have turned it to a socket

i will look again tommorrw. if it gose no were then happy days i will use it. if it dose go to a socket i will have to change it to a 20 amp if i spur off it?