Submersible Pumps Are Flawed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of advice Swelper - when in a hole, stop digging.

Andy Guinness
I'm just out off  a hole. And  covered in about   a centimeter  of mud.

Using 110v all  day in the pouring rain.

Nothing constructive to add I see.

By the way, if you start messing around with the construction of these units, be prepared to be kicked off of site, their design parameters are not to be messed about with by the likes of you.

Andy Guinness

Can you tell what exactly are their design parameters  are? Nope.

Then STFU.

And where did I say I was  going to mess  around with  their construction? I'll hire a cable monkey like your self  to do  the work    to my design. If your  competent that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Legal or illegal is irellevant. Any operative using  240v on site should be shown the gate  immiedietly.

Its jail  when an accident  happens  for those  responsible..
if you turned up on any of my jobs, you would be shown the gate immediately.

i can see why the boss insits on using that 'dangerous' 230v pump....

if you turned up on any of my jobs, you would be shown the gate immediately.

i can see why the boss insits on using that 'dangerous' 230v pump....
My boss pays me well.  The site manager  is another story.

I could get him sacked  but I'm not like that. Back  stabbing is not my game.

You think because  240v is legal then its ok to use it.  Well I can tell you different. 240 volt kills  and remember that.

unlike being a twat. that seems to be your game
No need to be abusive.  Just because  you think its  ok to use 240v  on a building site. :slap

and before going to work tomorrow, please have a look at this thread. after all, you could end up getting hit by a bus on the way to work tomorrow (then again, the bus is probably only 24v, so perfectly safe)

Please refer to BS7375 with respect to what is & what is not allowed wrt electricity distribution on construction sites.

Also, you have been offered a pump, I think you will find that the price is competitive.

Please be careful designing a one off as it will still require all approvals of a mass produced model & you need to be covered by suitable design "insurance".

My old man sends me risk assessments coving the use of 230 and 400v equipment on sites when he is reviewing them fairly common occurrence where he works same with any works take appropriate precautions.  

I must say that when i used to have site inductions PA testing of tools was always bought up.  

As others have said raise your concerns with the appropriate people possibly in a more formal manor, refuse to use if not happy.

Swelper,,

IMHO you are missing the entire point

Wether 230V or 110V,, it does not matter,,, yes 110V is safer, but the facts are that :-

a. The site is using equipment with damaged cables or is using them in a way that allows them to become damaged

b. The site workers are not using safe working practices.. I.e. not isolating the electrical supply to the pump before moving it

c. The site workers are abusing the equipment,, flexible electrical leads are not to be used to drag the equipment out of a hole, a rope should be attached to the pump and that should be used

If the site and its workers used safe working practices then there wouldn't be a problem

Swelper - although I don't care for your thread, it is your attitude that caused me to come and close the thread.

You are new here. You have had some good advice. Accept it.

Trolls live in wet holes. Just saying.

Behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.