Van CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the VIPER range, yeh they have a pager with them.

If you are paranoid get deadlocks fitted, they are much cheaper than a alarm, I went herehttp://www.locks4vans.co.uk/ wasnt too expensive.

I just want to catch the *******s :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:24 ----------

the dvr will only record a good quality so far, but the camera is feeding the decent image to start with, so its both, you need a good quality camera and a good quality dvr to be able to record the best image if that makes sense.
Yeh I get it mate, just might get a camera with a longer IR range. At least this stuff you can take it with you once you have invested!

I would stay well clear of Maplins B grade. Its returned stuff that they may not have know the fault ( because pople lie when returning stuff, lost parts etc and hide these facts from them) and sell it on regardless.

Even Maplins new stuff is a no-go for business as they have got a really slow and useless returns/repair system. We had a fault with a DVR power supply, they wanted the entire kit returned ( cameras, cables etc ) even though we had spent 2 days installing it. After arguing with the manager he relented and let us return just the DVR & PSU. We argued that as we had 2 similar kits and had swapped the PSU we knew thats all it was. He would not have it and it was returned to their repairs dept. 2 weeks later we went back to the store for them to tell us there was nothing wrong with the DVR so we had to pay a fee & the PSU was lost !!! I then argued again with the manager & showed him the receipt that i had to force out of them to say DVR & PSU sent back. The assistant then said i do remember you & opened a box from stock and gave us the PSU. I had a go at them why they could not have done that 2 weeks ago and i can never purchase anything again from them as i can't run a business like that, They shrugged their shoulders.

The 2 way alarms from viper are the best bet, they have some serious technology, I've even seen some with a little 1" screen on the fob to alert you what sensor and what door etc, you also can get remote start which is great for the mornings, great bit of kit, have a look on eBay , some company's come to your house and even fit it

I would stay well clear of Maplins B grade. Its returned stuff that they may not have know the fault ( because pople lie when returning stuff, lost parts etc and hide these facts from them) and sell it on regardless. Even Maplins new stuff is a no-go for business as they have got a really slow and useless returns/repair system. We had a fault with a DVR power supply, they wanted the entire kit returned ( cameras, cables etc ) even though we had spent 2 days installing it. After arguing with the manager he relented and let us return just the DVR & PSU. We argued that as we had 2 similar kits and had swapped the PSU we knew thats all it was. He would not have it and it was returned to their repairs dept. 2 weeks later we went back to the store for them to tell us there was nothing wrong with the DVR so we had to pay a fee & the PSU was lost !!! I then argued again with the manager & showed him the receipt that i had to force out of them to say DVR & PSU sent back. The assistant then said i do remember you & opened a box from stock and gave us the PSU. I had a go at them why they could not have done that 2 weeks ago and i can never purchase anything again from them as i can't run a business like that, They shrugged their shoulders.
maplins can do one then! cheers for the info

Foscam cameras are usually 5V dc so unless you can wire up a transformer don't bother with those unless installed on your home computer and you can download Vitamin D software for free.

From my personal experience you can buy a used camera in a housing and fit it up high on your wall near the eaves. You can record to a VCR machine if you are using just one camera. You need to know the horizontal distance to the target area to within a metre of so and the height of the camera ten decide the scene width, you want to capture. You can then work out what size varifocal lens you need and even at a distance, you will get a really great face shot of the so and so that is damaging cars. you can use this lens calculator