A wannabe electrician

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I really don't know where this is going or how it relates to a UK electrical forum but there is still time...
Time for what?I just wanted some explications,that's all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vizuri I alifanya jaribu  kufafanua  ya kwanza chapisho na haraka alikuja kwa ya hitimisho ni lazima kuwa baadhi fanya ya kiyunani msimbo..........swahili nguvu kuwa rahisi 

kwa kuelewa.

Andy I think a 5 week course might not be a good idea for this one.............

Viorelflower where is this project being undertaken?

Time for what?I just wanted some explications,that's all!

Ok so you pretended to be an electronics engineer to work on some project and you got found out?

Im not sure if that's what your getting at and not sure what answers you want from us?

One thing is for sure you are only young and have plenty of years ahead to forge out a life for yourself perhaps not by pretending to be something your not though that's naughty.

Vizuri I alifanya jaribu  kufafanua  ya kwanza chapisho na haraka alikuja kwa ya hitimisho ni lazima kuwa baadhi fanya ya kiyunani msimbo..........swahili nguvu kuwa rahisi 

kwa kuelewa.

Andy I think a 5 week course might not be a good idea for this one.............

Viorelflower where is this project being undertaken?
http://rename.ro/en/portfolio/andreis-country-relaunch/

Is this a good link?It is in english!

Ok so you pretended to be an electronics engineer to work on some project and you got found out?
I'm pretty sure I said i was a electronical technical guy and this was my specialty in highschool.Could you not understand what I said?

My qualification is in electronics and not engineering.Can you be an engineer without college?I doubt that.

specialty in highschool means almost nothing in the real world
Well when I first entered highschool I thought it meant something.Now,it means nothing,Why won't they hire you if you show them your degree?What do the employers want from you other than you highschool degree and the degree in your specialty?

you got a degree from highschool? dont you usually have to go to college then university to get a degree?  all of which youre unlikely to have done before youre 18

you got a degree from highschool? dont you usually have to go to college then university to get a degree?  all of which youre unlikely to have done before youre 18
Are you serious that no one will ever hire you with your highschool degree?Where did you heard that?

exactly what qualifications do you have? you dont get a degree from school. at least not in the UK. you would get GCSE's here or GNVQ (well, that might have changed since i left school), but a degreee would be at university, possibly college, but would take you a few years at least to achieve it

exactly what qualifications do you have? you dont get a degree from school. at least not in the UK. you would get GCSE's here or GNVQ (well, that might have changed since i left school), but a degreee would be at university, possibly college, but would take you a few years at least to achieve it
Well in my degree it says technical support guy in electronics like I showed you in that picture.Is it possible to change my specialty if I am not pleased with it?

You need an apprenticeship at the electronics place. This will give you additional skills & qualifications in the electronics field.

Such qualifications could be 

ONC

HNC

HND

The list is endless...................but they probably all trump your high school qualification when it comes to work place interviews.  

does your qualifications actually say degree on them? whats the exact wording? how long did it take you to complete the course to get this degree?

does your qualifications actually say degree on them? whats the exact wording? how long did it take you to complete the course to get this degree?
It's just a paper with some words.The only qualification I got is what you saw in that picture.The problem is I never worked with amplifiers,tvs,hardware components and all that I learned in highschool is to get a conductor and to plug it in at a motherboard.All we did is introduce that conductor in a ping.

Well in my degree it says technical support guy in electronics like I showed you in that picture.Is it possible to change my specialty if I am not pleased with it?
And here in lies the whole problem with open EU borders for migrant workers.  Youngsters trained to a lower level at home, pat on the back make your way to the UK there is good money for your skills in electronics.

I reality you know the very basics & soon find your qualifications mean diddily here.

Harsh ...........but true.

M107,from the beginning I was in a fog and I had no idea what electronics does until a teacher explained to us that we have to memorize all the dc and ac theory and than we can collect or components.From that fact i remained shocked that no one else from my class practised these rules and they didn't even care about our specialty.All they wanted was a degree but not in electronics.Just a plain degree.

Degree or no degree it seemed to me that they had no components and we had to buy ourselves what we wanted so I stopped working as an electronic guy when I realized that no one cared about me or others.

Also that was not the first time I was harassed by a mate of mine.In the 9th grade a guy pushed me to a girl that I didn't like or love and I had to talk to her.So I said why not let him be penalized by the police if he can't respect me.I called the police but they didn't do anything at all.They may penalized that boy but my classmaster told me that everything is all right and I am a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts