Plastic Conduit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And why would Part P not apply?
Bullet point 'f.' page 8 Approved document P.

"Detached garages and sheds are not special locations. Work within them is notifiable ONLY if it involves new outdoor wiring."

So if the supply is already there into the shed, and Patches work is all inside the shed, it is no different from work within a Lounge, Dining room, Bedroom etc.. where no new circuit is added.

:coffee

As off yet KME I havent found anywhere that sells singles per mtr, even those that sell T&E per mtr appear to only sell singles per 100 Mtrs.

Andy

If you are that fussed about using singles then strip T+e and only buy the g/y single

if its short runs of course

Sounds like a Dragons Den opportunity...

Sell a few singles by the meter and post it....

So if we were looking at 1.5mm singles 10m of each L, N, E,

how heavy is 30m of 1.5mm single loose off the roll?

what postage are we talking?

:|

two customers there..

Android & Patch! :) ;)

I`m tempted SL, very tempted..........Just out of interest, who would be interested in purchasing 6491X (1.5, 2.5, 4.0, 6.0) by the metre???
I've got a reel of 10mm red singles if anybodys interested.

;)

Patch , you will be wasting money by buying X grade singles as you are unlikely to use up what is left, and being from GOC you won't want to do that .

So wire it in T/E with a conduit drop as protection if you wish . That way you are more likely to use up the T/E in the house .

I would have probably used conduit and singles but would have no probs in using up the singles.

Deke

Patchhow big is the shed ??
The shed in question will be 8 foot by 4 foot replacing an old 6 foot by 4 foot shed. My 'workshop' shed is 10 foot by 12 foot. We also have a small wooden store that the freezer and tumble dryer live in that would be about 5 foot by 3 foot.

Why do you ask?

Patch you really need to get correct colours you would not give a sick animal incorrect drug just because that is what you had on the shelf.
Sometimes I do have to compromise when either I don't have a drug in stock/in my car or the owners cannot afford a certain treatment. In these circumstances I do the best I can.

Using blue for live/neutral and earth is just not done although if it was pyro you would have to decide which conductor is which. I assume you were only joking coming up with this plan.
I was asking the question as I already have some G&Y and brown sleeving.

[quote name='Andy

black = L2 in new colours altho not that often you seen 3 phase on dom

or black = neutral in old

Bullet point 'f.' page 8 Approved document P."Detached garages and sheds are not special locations. Work within them is notifiable ONLY if it involves new outdoor wiring."

So if the supply is already there into the shed, and Patches work is all inside the shed, it is no different from work within a Lounge, Dining room, Bedroom etc.. where no new circuit is added.

:coffee
Yet the shed will require a consumer unit (possibly) and at least one new circuit.............?

Latest posts